About me...

My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
--Psalm 45:1

So yeah--aspiring writer, in love with the Word, also words wherever they may be found. This results in a rather alarming obsession with fiction, which will spill over into this blog.

ah well. Such things can't be helped. :)

Falon out.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Headcanon #1

I don't think I had too many headcanons--probably none, actually. Except the slightly meta one in which Nine regenerated into Ten with the intent to impress Rose, and Ten regenerated into Eleven with the intent of not impressing anyone (female-wise), but instead being more like the absent minded professor in Voyage of the Damned and being very much like Wilfred Mott.

but I just came up with another one.

While trying to figure out if I should watch Firefly or not I came across a sentence that says Joss Whedon said in a commentary, "bad guys wear hats, good guys don't."

And it seems to make an awful lot of sense if you think about it.

Then I thought of the Eleventh Doctor and how he loves his hats and I started thinking, "Well, that disproves that notion."

And then I recalled his darker moments--

And then I remembered every time River Song shot his hats off.

Headcanon: she's making him a good guy.


(though the First/Last Night minisodes kind of ruin this, as he appears to frequently wear a top hat and it seems sparklingly intact. And the first time River saw him he was wearing it. Maybe she lets him have the top hat because the top hat is okay and reminds her of just how far he'll go to save those he cares about.)

(or maybe she just found something fun to do to keep him on his toes. Far more likely.)


3 comments:

  1. I watched the first few episodes of Firefly.... not something I'd recommend. It's got quite a bit of.... Torchwood-ish content, if you get the drift. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I figured so...
    And I also somehow knew that I would get a rare comment and it would be about those few words...

    What do you think of my little headcanon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite reasonable! River's good at making and keeping him what he's supposed to be, she is... After all, it's easy to become bad when you've seen some 1,200 years of evil and pain. =P He didn't really even wear hats until he became 11, did he? Well, there was that one time on planet Ood....

    ReplyDelete