About me...

My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
--Psalm 45:1

So yeah--aspiring writer, in love with the Word, also words wherever they may be found. This results in a rather alarming obsession with fiction, which will spill over into this blog.

ah well. Such things can't be helped. :)

Falon out.

Friday, March 21, 2014

The Seventh Door

Hey! It's here--the third book in the Children of the Bard series by Bryan Davis!





You may buy an autographed copy directly from Mr. Davis here - http://www.daviscrossing.com/SeventhDoor.htm

You may purchase autographed copies of the three Children of the Bard books in a three-pack for $30 - http://www.daviscrossing.com/BardCombo.htm

The Seventh Door is available from Amazon here - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0899578829







I'm not really sure how to describe this book, especially if you haven't read the ones before. It's good, of course--his books always are. Here's a review I wrote just after finishing it:

 
Once again Bryan Davis has led his readers on a wild ride. There are amazing ups and downs, crazy turns, and breathtaking chapter endings with heartstopping cliffhangers. You feel like you are really there with the characters, and shout encouragement from the sidelines. You hold your breath when they make their decisions and try to tell them to make the right one. And then, as always happens in one of Mr. Davis’ books, the characters slowly slide ahead, making decisions you would find difficult, making sacrifices and bleeding for those they love, and you find that they have pulled ahead of you and are now calling encouragement from the pages that comprise their lives. They lead by example, as Mr Davis’ characters always have.
Growing up with these books, I always look forward to them, wondering how he’ll make this one great. They always have such themes of godly character and such wonderful stories. This one was the same, but it had built on the foundations of the previous books. This one felt older and more mature, even while Matt and Darcy are still stretching their legs and gaining faith. It felt so right, along with all the previous books. It was a continuation, and its own story, and such a good stepping stone.
So many times during the book, I had to gasp and keep myself from turning ahead to see how it would turn out. This book tugged at my heart and it still hasn’t let go, which is a good thing. The Seventh Door has started working on me, and Mr. Davis has already taught me so many things about my walk with God. I can’t wait to read the next book and continue this journey with all these characters who I know and love so well.

Basically, READ THIS BOOK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment